Refuge Student Ministry
"I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."
“For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
Another year gone by, another year filled with God’s faithfulness upon Covenant’s student ministry. He continues draw our students closer to Him and closer together through worship, Bible study, missions, service projects, and activities. Refuge Student Ministry is for students in 5th-12th grade. 5th-8th meets Sunday evenings from 5:00-6:00. The High School students gather from 6:00-7:30. This year has been a year unlike any other. We have seen God do great things such as:
- God provided a new church van just in time for Camp Eagle and Camp Blessing!
- During Spring Break, a group of Refuge students served at a workday hosted by Camp Blessing in Brenham, TX. Yes, of course we had to make a stop at the Blue Bell factory.
- More students volunteered to serve at Camp Blessing this year than any other year. There were seven students total sharing the love of Jesus with those with special needs.
- This year was Refuge’s first time to serve a Saturday at the Houston Food Bank. We have been trying to make this happen for years. The team sorted food pallets into boxes for after school lunch programs.
- We participated in four Faith In Action camps throughout the year. What an honor to serve the Brazosport community through building wheelchair ramps, painting, flooring, landscaping, and much more. Several of our High School students also serve on the Faith In Action Student Leadership Team.
God has truly blessed Refuge with wonderful students and parents. It is our continued mission to partner with parents to help raise kids who passionately love and desire to follow Christ. Please join us in prayer for this upcoming year that by God’s grace we will be able to:
- Bring more students to serve at Camp Blessing then last year.
- Create an opportunity for our students to get involved in the fight against human trafficking.
- Look into having small groups meet weekly within Refuge Student Ministry.
- Organize a possible mission trip to the Dominican Republic for Summer 2018.
- Partner with area church youth ministries to find ways to serve our community.